What should I avoid after Threads?
- Avoid over-exposure to direct sunlight and do not use tanning beds (2 weeks).
- Avoid face and neck massages and facial aesthetic treatments (4 weeks).
- Avoid sports, in particular high impact sports e.g. running (2 weeks).
- Do not use saunas or hammams (3 weeks)
- Avoid dental surgery (3 weeks).
- Avoid excessive face and neck movements (2 weeks).
When can I wear makeup after Threads?
Refrain from applying make-up for as long as possible (minimum 24 hours).
How can I wash after Threads?
Wash, shave and dry face gently without rubbing or massaging (5 days).
How can I sleep after Threads?
Sleep face up, elevated on pillows (3-5 nights).
How do you take care of your face after threads?
- Apply cold packs immediately after the procedure if required (Cold packs should be wrapped to avoid direct Contact with skin and insertion point).
- Take anaelgesia e.g. paracetamol in case of pain (2-3 days).
Can I do sports after buccal fat removal?
- Light sports (like walking) activities can be resumed 1 week after
- Heavy sports can be resumed 2-4 weeks after
How can I sleep after buccal fat removal?
We recommend you sleep on your back during the first week.
What should I avoid after buccal fat removal?
- Avoid very hot beverages and food during the first week
- Avoid excessive heat effect like tanning during the first 2-4 weeks
- Avoid eating food with high residue (like food containing pepper, small herbs) during the first 2 weeks
What should I do after buccal fat removal?
Here are a few post buccal fat removal instructions:
- Apply ice externally on the treated site during the first 2-3 days
- Take your medications following the written prescription
- Drink room temperature/cold water during the first week
- Your follow up visit is 2 weeks after the procedure
How long does buccal fat removal take?
The buccal fat removal surgery is quick and painless and can last between 40-60 minutes. No cuts or incisions are made on the face, everything is done inside the mouth and therefore leaves you with no visible scars.
Can buccal fat grow back?
Once the fat is removed, it does not come back. This also applies to a Bichectomy. Even weight gain won’t make the pads return.
How long do swelling or bruises last after facelift?
Swelling or bruises generally last 1 -2 weeks after you facelift. In rare cases the bruising may last for 4 weeks.
How soon can I wear makeup after facelift?
You can wear makeup 2 weeks after your facelift (without applying makeup on the scars) and after 4 weeks all over the face.
When can I shower after facelift?
Starting 3 days after without rubbing the face and avoid very hot water.
How long does it take for facelift scars to fade?
Facelift scars are seen as a red small line 1 month after the procedure, then as a tiny white line 2-6 months after. In general the scar is barely seen 6-12 months after.
What should I avoid after facelift?
- Avoid excessive heat
- Avoid smoking for at least one month
- Avoid tension on the suture lines especially by wearing the face band
- Avoid sleeping on your side during the first month
Can I drink coffee after facelift?
Yes, you can drink coffee. Stick to 1-2 cups per day.
Can I drink alcohol after facelift?
Preferably 1 week after the surgery and avoid excessive consumption.
How long does bruising last after a facelift?
Bruising after your facelift will last for 1-2 weeks.
How do you take care of your face after a facelift?
You can wash your face starting 3 days after the surgery but avoid rubbing the face. Apply an anti-scarring treatment on the wound after suture removal for 3 months.
How do you sleep after a facelift?
We recommend you sleep on your back during the first month.
Does a facelift get rid of wrinkles?
Facelift surgery treats large mid and lower face wrinkles. It can be also done with fat transfer at the same time which treats fine wrinkles as well.
How can I speed up my facelift recovery?
- During the first 48 hours it is important to apply ice and take anti-edema medications.
- Avoid excessive heat, take your medications, and keep your heal elevated 30-45 degrees during the first week.
- Avoid also any tension on the suture lines and sleep on your back during the first month while wearing your face band.
- It is very important to stop smoking 1 month before and 1 month after your surgery to avoid bad healing.
How long does it take to look normal after a facelift?
You start looking normal one month after the facelift surgery and the best shape is seen 3-6 months after.
What age should I get a facelift?
It is more about the degree of facial sagging more than a specific age.
How long does a facelift last?
Usually a facelift lasts for around 10 years.
How long does nose job take to heal?
Starting the first month, the shape of the nose starts to be evident. The final shape is seen 6-12 months after.
When can you sleep on your side after rhinoplasty?
We recommend you avoid sleeping on your side during 1 month.
When can I wash my face after rhinoplasty?
Starting the second day without rubbing the face around the nose to avoid tension on the suture lines, if present.
When can I shower after rhinoplasty?
You can shower 3 days after your rhinoplasty.
What is the fastest way to recover from a nose job?
- Apply ice on the forehead and cheeks during the first 48 hours while avoiding any pressure on your nose.
- Take anti-edema medications
- Keep the head elevated 30-45 degrees during the first week
- Avoid excessive heat
What should I avoid after rhinoplasty?
- You should avoid any tension on the suture line (especially if the incisions were made on the sides of the nose).
- Avoid wearing eyeglasses for at least 3 months.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure for at least 1 month.
- Avoid facial trauma
- Avoid sneezing during the first week
- Light eye and sunglasses are not allowed during the first month postoperatively
When can I eat after rhinoplasty?
You can eat anytime after your rhinoplasty.
How many hours does a rhinoplasty take?
In general, a rhinoplasty last between 1-2 hours.
Can a nose job change your voice?
If the surgery affects your nasal breathing a hyponasal voice can be heard. That’s why it is very important to have a good functional and esthetic result at the end of the rhinoplasty.
How long is recovery from rhinoplasty?
The Rhinoplasty’s recovery lasts between one and two weeks and the final result is seen starting 1 month after the surgery.
How soon will you see ear surgery results?
Directly after Otoplasty, you can see results. And the final result is seen 1 month after surgery.
Can I drink alcohol after otoplasty?
It all depends on the antibiotic given during the first week. In general a glass of alcohol is allowed every other day.
How do you sleep after otoplasty?
It is advisable to sleep with the head of the bed elevated for the first week after surgery. In any case, you have to sleep on your back during the first month.
What should I avoid after otoplasty?
- You should avoid any tension of the ear for at least 3 months
- Avoid extreme physical activity, including athletic activities and intercourse. You may resume light walking three days after surgery. Aerobic exercise, weight training, heavy lifting, and straining may be gradually resumed three weeks after surgery
- Swimming is not allowed until 6 weeks after surgery
- Absolutely avoid sun exposure, sun lamps, or tanning beds for six weeks after surgery. While we recommend wearing a SPF 30 or higher, our physicians and staff wear a SPF 50 every day
Can I wash my hair after otoplasty?
Yes you may shampoo your hair, but you will have to wait 3 days after your Otoplasty.
How long do you have to wear a headband after otoplasty?
Wear the headband over your ears day and night for 2 weeks. Then for one month only while sleeping.
Does otoplasty last forever?
Otoplasty is permanent. The results are immediately visible and last forever.
How long does it take to recover from otoplasty?
In most cases, you can expect your Otoplasty recovery to be complete after a month but you’ll notice significant improvements in the appearance of your ears in just 2 or 3 weeks.
What should I do after otoplasty?
- Keep your head elevated 45 degrees to minimize swelling
- You need to wear a head band for 2 weeks 24/24 hours then for one month only while sleeping.
- After the dressing is removed, apply Fucidic acid ointment to the incision lines 3 times daily for 2-3 days
- There will be some areas of decreased sensation or numbness. The sensation will return to normal over time. Be careful to avoid burns when using curling irons, blow dryer, etc…
- Take only medications prescribed by your doctor
- You may wear your glasses but they should be taped up so they don’t rest on the incision
Can I exercise after blepharoplasty?
You can resume light sports activities two weeks after your surgery and heavy sports cans start 4 weeks after blepharoplasty. Examples: you may resume light walking three days after surgery. Aerobic exercise, weight training, heavy lifting, and straining may be gradually resumed a month after surgery.
What should I avoid after a blepharoplasty?
The most important thing is to avoid causing any tension on the suture line to avoid bad scarring. Please also avoid:
- Sun exposure, sun lamps, or tanning beds for six weeks after surgery. Heat may cause your face to swell. While we recommend wearing a SPF 30 or higher, our physicians and staff wear a SPF 50 every day.
- Avoid extreme physical activity including athletic activities and intercourse.
When can I wear makeup after a blepharoplasty?
After blepharoplasty you can directly wear makeup on the face but not on the eyes. You will need to wait for 1 month before resuming eye makeup after blepharoplasty as your eyes will be sensitive.
Can I wash my face after a blepharoplasty?
You can wash your face after blepharoplasty but without rubbing the face and causing any tension on the suture lines.
How long do stitches stay in after a blepharoplasty?
Usually stitched are removed 7 days after the surgery.
How do I have to sleep after a blepharoplasty?
We recommend having two pillows underneath your head and keeping head of bed elevated 45 degrees during the first 2 days. You need to avoid rolling on your face, so you should sleep on your back for a month after surgery.
How long will my eyes be swollen after blepharoplasty?
One to two weeks after surgery, your eyelid may be swollen and bruised. You will see the final result one month after the Blepharoplasty.
How long does bruising/swelling last after blepharoplasty?
In many cases, no bruising is seen. For others, bruising can be completely gone within one to two weeks after Blepharoplasty. The heaviest bruising usually develops within 48 to 76 hours after surgery.
Don’t be concerned if the eyes show some swelling – this usually resolves within 2 weeks. In certain patients, it may require six months for all swelling to completely subside.
How do you take care of your eyes after blepharoplasty?
In some cases lubricating the eyes with artificial tears is needed to avoid eye dehydration.
What is the fastest way to recover from a blepharoplasty?
If you want to speed up the recovery after Blepharoplasty, you need to:
- Apply ice on your forehead and cheeks for 48 hours after the procedure.
- Take the prescribed medications.
- Avoid sun exposure and use sun protection.
- Keep your head elevated to minimize swelling.
How long does it take to heal from a blepharoplasty?
You can easily return to normal activities seven to 10 days after blepharoplasty. One to two weeks after blepharoplasty, most of the bruising and swelling fade off and you’ll the final results a month after the procedure.
Should I massage Botox?
No. Years ago, it was requested but not anymore. You should not rub or massage the treated area, neither have any beauty treatments on your face e.g. facials, facial massage.
Can I sleep on my side after Botox?
Yes, but wait 4 hours after your Botox injection. After that, you can sleep the way you want. Botox takes a few hours to settle and lying down straightaway can migrate it to other muscles in your face.
Why does Botox take 2 weeks to work?
On average you can start noticing changes in your face two days following your Botox injection. Full Botox results become visible almost two weeks after the treatment. That is related to the mechanism of how Botox works, which blocks the receptors responsible for muscular activity.
Can I drink coffee after Botox?
You can drink coffee after your Botox treatment.
Is it ok to drink alcohol after Botox?
You can drink alcohol after your Botox treatment but we recommend you wait 4h.
How long until you can lay down after Botox?
You should wait at least 4 hours before you can lay down after Botox as it takes time to settle into place. Lying down could possibly cause Botox to migrate to other muscles in your face.
How do you make Botox last longer?
Patients should have “maintenance” treatments before the results wear off. The best way to extend the life of your Botox effect is by avoiding the following:
- Excessive heavy sports.
- Weight loss.
- Sun exposure.
Also, treating any medical condition that can increase metabolism like hyperthyroidism is of great help.
Do you have to keep getting Botox once you start?
Not at all, there is no medical reason for that. We recommend to continue treatments to slow the formation of wrinkles.
What should I avoid after Botox?
After the treatment you should avoid:
- Touching your face for 4h.
- Sleeping, bending forward or lying on your front for 4h.
- Rubbing your face or massaging it (including facials) for 4h.
- Being exposed to excessive heat for 4h.
- Sports and tanning for 48 hours.
- Wearing headwear for 4h.
- Applying cosmetic products on your face for 12 hours.
Do wrinkles come back worse after Botox?
Not at all. But once the Botox effect wears off, we start noticing wrinkles again. They do not become worse after the treatment, but as we get used to having a “Botox effect” and a smoother skin, we don’t accept seeing wrinkles anymore.
What is a good age to get Botox?
Most of the patients start using Botox at age 30. You can start preventative Botox treatments at the age of 25. Things differ between a person and other.
How often should you get Botox?
Botox typically lasts 4-6 months. We usually recommend getting Botox twice or 3 time per year but the time between a session and other needs to be at least 3 months.
How long does it take for Botox to wear off?
The results last between 4-6 months. But after 2-3 months you’ll start to see the effects slowly wear off. Some people with higher metabolism loose the Botox effect faster.
How long does Botox last?
In general, Botox lasts for up to four to six months. If your facial muscles get used to contract less due to Botox injections, the period of time for each treatment can be extended.
What reduces the duration of fillers effects?
- Excessive physical activity
- Sun exposure
- Weight loss
Should I massage fillers?
We don’t recommend massaging fillers, they will flatten out and will certainly loose their effect. Please ONLY massage them if it was recommended by Dr. Ziade.
How soon after fillers can I wear makeup?
After a filler injections, we recommend to not put makeup before at least 12 hours or just wait until the next day.
Do fillers work immediately?
Dermal fillers do work immediately but overall, the face tends to look better after 1 to 2 weeks.
Can I wash my face after dermal fillers?
You can shower after filler injections but avoid using warm water on your face and massaging the treated area.
Can I shower after filler injections?
You can shower after having filler injections but we recommend to avoid heat and hot water for 48 hours after a treatment (hot showers & baths).
Do face fillers improve over time?
Fillers take a bit of time to settle in after being injected. Bruising and swelling can last for about two weeks and the best results are seen after 2-4 weeks.
What to avoid after filler injections?
- Avoid applying any pressure on your face for 4 hours after the procedure.
- Avoid sports and excessive sun exposure for 48 hours.
- Avoid applying excessive pressure on the face for 1 week.
- Avoid applying cosmetic products on your face for 12 hours.
- Avoid consuming excess amounts of alcohol or salts to avoid excess swelling.
How do you sleep after fillers?
Do not sleep on your sides and try to stay sleeping on your back for one week. On the first night of injections, we recommend to sleep your head elevated on 2 pillows.
How long does it take for fillers to settle?
Fillers are instant and you quickly start seeing results after injection. It usually takes up to 2 weeks for the filler to fully settle into the tissue.
Instructions After Nasal Septal and/or Sinus Surgery
- Change dressing under nose (if present) until drainage stops.
- Do not blow your nose for two weeks. You may sniff back gently, but no nose blowing. If you must sneeze, sneeze with your mouth open.
- Keep the inside of your nose moist with nasal saline spray; 3 puffs per nostril 3 times or more per day will promote healing and provide comfort.
- Keep your head elevated for the first 48 hours to minimize swelling.
- Brush teeth gently with a soft toothbrush only. Avoid manipulation of upper lip to keep nose at rest. You may have some numbness in your upper lip and upper teeth for about a week
- To prevent bleeding and increased swelling, avoid extreme physical activity including athletic activities and intercourse. You may resume light walking three days after surgery. Aerobic exercise, weight training, heavy lifting, and straining may be gradually resumed three weeks after surgery. Don’t swim for one month since injuries are common during swimming.
- Absolutely avoid sun exposure, sun lamps, or tanning beds for six weeks after surgery. Heat may cause your nose to swell.
- Take only medications prescribed by your doctor.